Spring time is officially here. As the flowers are blooming and the grass becomes greener there is something wonderful about this beautiful season that inspires us all! One of the major holidays during spring is Easter and it is just a few hops away, and while you are coloring eggs and eating chocolate bunnies, here are some fun facts to share with your family and friends.
1. Easter is the celebration of the resurrection of Christ three days after his death. It is the oldest Christian holiday and the most important day of the church year.
2. After Halloween, Easter is the biggest candy consuming holiday. 120 million pounds of candy are bought each year, enough to fill four dump trucks.
3. 76% of people eat the ears on the chocolate bunnies first.
4. Households spent $131 on Easter each year, $14.7 billion total
5. American consume over 16 million jellybeans on Easter, enough to circle the globe three times over.
6. The largest Easter egg ever made was around 9,000 pounds. It needed a steel frame for internal support.
Real Estate Statistics
For Sale: $189,900More Information
Fun Facts about Easter
Tale of Two Markets
During this episode of TMC John discusses February 2014 Rutherford County housing markets statistics and the "tale of two markets."
Featured HUD Home
4412 Roxburghe Ct Murfeesboro, TN 37128
3BR, 2.5BA, 1706SF $188,000
For more information, click here.