When you are preparing to sell your home, it's easy to get consumed and focus mostly on perfecting the interior-- but, don't forget about the importance of curb appeal! While you don't need to spend a fortune on landscaping, the exterior of your home is buyers' first impression and you want your home to make a great one! Here are a few simple and economical tips to get the outside of your home looking manicured:
1. Keep your lawn mowed & clean: A fresh cut lawn can transform a yard's appearance. Be sure to also keep leaves, pine needles etc raked up so potential buyers do not see the yard maintenance as lots of upkeep.
2. Trim all shrubs & bushes: Trulia.com recommends all your shrubbery have a "just-planted" appearance. It's important to have your bushes trimmed below window-level so it doesn't inhibit natural light entering into the home. Having your shrubbery trimmed also depicts the "low-maintenance" image.
3. Weed & Mulch: It only takes a few weeds to really ruin a yards appearance. Stay on top of pulling your weeds & spread fresh mulch in your flower beds. This will slow down weed growth and also freshen up the landscaping.
4. Keep your flowerbeds edged: Re-edging makes your flower beds eye-catching. It's an easy and quick way to give your lawn that well-manicured look.
5. Add a little color with flowers: Find an easy-growing, colorful plant to incorporate into your landscaping. Stick with one to two different colors so it looks coordinated & simple.
If you are looking for a quality landscaping company recommendation or have any questions at all about real estate, please do not hesitate to call the Jones Team at 615-867-3020.
For more information on easy landscaping tips, check out Trulia's list at: http://www.trulia.com/blog/samjrifkin/2013/03/5_easy_landscaping_tips_for_quick_curb_appeal